Re: [Xen-devel] Re: vt-d p7p55d evo: Success

Hi,

Since vt-d seems to work ok now on my system, i have been tinkering with
the VGA passthrough today, and alas, got it to work for my windows hvm!

- Xen version used:
4.0.0

- Dom0 kernel version:
pvops from xen/stable-2.6.32.x branch

- lspci for the graphcis card:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV710 [Radeon HD
4350] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
        Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device 032e
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 32 bytes
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 16
        Region 0: Memory at b0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
        Region 2: Memory at fb8e0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        Region 4: I/O ports at a000 [size=256]
        Expansion ROM at fb8c0000 [disabled] [size=128K]
                Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=0mA
PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
        Capabilities: [58] Express (v2) Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
                DevCap: MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <4us, L1
unlimited
                        ExtTag+ AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset-
                DevCtl: Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal-
Unsupported-
                        RlxdOrd+ ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop+
                        MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
                DevSta: CorrErr- UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq- AuxPwr-
TransPend-
                LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x16, ASPM L0s L1, Latency
L0
<64ns, L1 <1us
                        ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot-
                LnkCtl: ASPM Disabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- Retrain- CommClk+
                        ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
                LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x8, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+
DLActive-
BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
                DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Not Supported, TimeoutDis-
                DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 50us to 50ms, TimeoutDis-
                LnkCtl2: Target Link Speed: 2.5GT/s, EnterCompliance- SpeedDis-,
Selectable De-emphasis: -6dB
                         Transmit Margin: Normal Operating Range,
EnterModifiedCompliance-
ComplianceSOS-
                         Compliance De-emphasis: -6dB
                LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -6dB
        Capabilities: [a0] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
                Address: 0000000000000000  Data: 0000
        Capabilities: [100 v1] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0001 Rev=1
Len=010 <?>
        Kernel modules: radeon

- Did you passthru all the PCI IDs or just one?
I passed the graphics, and the audio pci ids both to the hvm.
I also passed an usb card pci id.

- Was it primary or secondary graphics adapter?
It was the primary adapter. I tried the secondary as well, but could not
get it to work.

- Motherboard vendor/model and BIOS version/CPU version
Asus P7P55D-Evo
Bios 1307 (latest)
Core i7 860

- How did it work.. did you have some issues?
After i installed the catalyst driver, and XP rebooted, the graphics
login screen for XP appeared on the monitor (after some time).
I did not see any boot messages though...