RE: [Xen-devel] [Patch] continue_hypercall_on_cpu rework using tasklets

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Jiang, Yunhong" <yunhong.jiang@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] [Patch] continue_hypercall_on_cpu rework using tasklets
From: "Yu, Ke" <ke.yu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:20:02 +0800
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 02:21:34 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We have a stress S3 test upon the Xen 4.1 unstable. Unfortunately, cset 21181
cannot pass the stress. It hangs after 48 times S3 suspend/resume.  Another
round test even shows it hangs after 2 times suspend/resume. But it is too
early to say cset 21181/21180 is the evil, because even cset 21172 (cset ahead
of continue_hypercall_on_cpu improvement patch) cannot pass the S3 test either,
although it has bigger success suspend/resume times than cset 21181 . so
generally, there must be something wrong with S3 logic since Xen 4.0 release.
We are still trying to dig it out...

Best Regards
Ke