Re: [Xen-devel] Re: c/s 21118: Magny-Coure breakage

To: Christoph Egger <Christoph.Egger@xxxxxxx>, Nitin A Kamble <nitin.a.kamble@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: c/s 21118: Magny-Coure breakage
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 12:00:36 +0100
Cc: Andre Przywara <andre.przywara@xxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 04:03:02 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It is worth discussing whether it makes sense to have the concept of sockets
in the NUMA interfaces. Would threads/cores/nodes suffice? Not sure sockets
give us any more than a hint about possible caching hierarchy (possible
socket-wide L3) and communication latency. That may be too vague to be any
use even where the concept of sockets-per-node is applicable.

 -- Keir