Re: [Xen-devel] Re: vt-d p7p55d evo: Success

Hi,

The last few days i played some more with the vt-d feature enabled on my system, I'm now able to passthrough an usb controller to a windows xp hvm. When i plug a usb drive into a slot controlled by that controller, windows behaves as expected. Passing through a hda-intel device (from my graphics card) seems to at least be recognised properly by windows, and windows is able to install the driver (can't verify that it is actually playing audio, since the graphics card itself can't be passed
through yet, and thus the connected monitor is in standby).
So as far as i can tell, vt-d is working fine now on this system.

Passthrough of the secondary graphics card to windows, doesn't seem to work (well, i guess that's to be expected at this stage, since i've only tried passing it through as a normal pci card, and i think it needs an extra flag set in the config
and some patches in xen, as well as passing along a bios file).
Strange thing i noticed though, when i try to boot windows with the secondary graphics card listed in its pci section, my primary X session will reset, and i'm presented the gdm
login screen... (primary & secondary graphics card are both hd4350).
Another strange thing i noticed, is that when i kill windows using xm shutdown (since it won't boot with the graphics card listed), i am not able to start it again later, not even
after removing the pci devices from the config.
Only after a machine reboot, things will work normal again.

Next on my list: try passthrough of the primary graphics card...

Regards,
Mark