Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.0.0-rc8 problem: xenconsole: Could not read tty fr

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.0.0-rc8 problem: xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory
From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 13:24:00 +0200
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, M A Young <m.a.young@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 04:24:43 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 11:18:55AM +0000, Keir Fraser wrote:
> On 27/03/2010 10:53, "Pasi Kärkkäinen" <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > And obviously I didn't get to see pygrub or select the domU kernel
> > because the console connection failed.. domU did start up fine.
> >
> > dom0 is Fedora 12 with Xen 4.0.0-rc8 (from Michael's rpm).
> >
> > So what should I try to debug it?
>
> Assuming worked somewhat recently, I'd bisect. If it hasn't worked recently
> I'd wonder what's different/special about those RPMs or test setup. I wonder
> if it has something to do with using pygrub? Lots of grub2-support patches
> went into that recently.

I just tried 4.0.0-rc4, and it doesn't work there either:

[root@dom0 ~]# xm create -f /etc/xen/f12test-nonmanaged -c
Using config file "/etc/xen/f12test-nonmanaged".
xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory
[root@dom0 ~]# Started domain f12test (id=1)

About pygrub.. Michael reported pvgrub doesn't work either, it crashes..
it might be different issue though.

I'll try installing rc8 from source, let's see if that makes difference.

-- Pasi