RE: [Xen-devel] XCP 64 bits ?

To: medhioub <houssem.medhioub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Vincent Hanquez <Vincent.Hanquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] XCP 64 bits ?
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 13:31:39 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 05:32:41 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> First, thank you for your fast answear.
>
> There is no 64 bits version of XCP dom0?

There's no particular benefit of having a 64b dom0  -- it's supposed to be a
small VM used mostly for control plane functionality, and doesn't need to map
much memory. 32b dom0 has been shown to be a bit faster and less memory hungry
than 64b.  I guess XCP might switch to 64b at some point, but there aren't any
strong reasons for it at the moment.

Ian