Re: [Xen-devel] Question about xen/stable branch in kernel pv_ops

To: Fantu <fantonifabio@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Question about xen/stable branch in kernel pv_ops
From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:09:02 +0200
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 02:09:27 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 12:59:30AM -0800, Fantu wrote:

> I see new branch (xen/stable) in pv_ops based on 2.6.32.9, is good? for test
> it there only to change xen/master in xen/stable in
> buildconfig/mk.linux-2.6-pvops right?

I don't know what's the status of xen/stable, I haven't tried it yet.
Maybe Jeremy can comment on that..

You can also clone/checkout and build it separately, no need to build it as
part of Xen hypervisor.

> I also see update in this page, for use config example for xen/stable i must
> use "64bit x86_64 (xen/next 2.6.32)"?

> Why is add CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_FRONTEND=y in page but there isn't in example
> config?

I assume you're talking about XenParavirtOps wiki page.
I added CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_FRONTEND=y there yesterday based on Konrad's request,
but it seems I don't have it in my example .config files.

-- Pasi