[Xen-devel] Problems with fglrx

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Problems with fglrx
From: Mark Hurenkamp <mark.hurenkamp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 20:48:02 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:48:45 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Today i tried installing the proprietary fglrx driver on latest xen- unstable/linux-pvops, but it was not very successful.
What i got was the following:

BUG: using smp_processor_id() in preemptible [00000000] code: Xorg/1838
^^^ message repeated several times ^^^

[fglrx:firegl_addmap] *ERROR* mtrr allocation failed (-22)
(XEN) mm.c:1746:d0 Bad L1 flags 400000
^^^ message repeated a lot of times ^^^

[fglrx:fireglAsyncioIntEnableMsgHandler] *ERROR* interrupt source ff000066 is not supported on this hardware (return code = 1)

Any idea what is going on here? Anything i can do about it?

I was hoping that the fglrx, unlike the radeon driver might be able to use MSI interrupts, so that i can free up IRQ 16 which is
needed by a PCI device which i'd like to passthrough to a DomU.

Regards,
Mark.