Re: [Xen-devel] pvops dom0: no sound after boot; possibly caused by swio

To: Ronny.Hegewald@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] pvops dom0: no sound after boot; possibly caused by swiotlb
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 20:26:24 -0500
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 17:59:57 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 07:31:16PM -0500, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> > But thats not quite all whats dma_alloc_coherent does. As it only returns a
> > 32-bit variable all coherent_dma_mask over 32-bit get casted down. This way
> > bare-metal makes sure that the dma-mask is never over 32-bit.
>
> Ooooh. I completly failed to notice that your dom0 was 32-bit.
>
> But having that there would make the mask always be below
> 4GB, irregardless if the dom0 is 32 or 64-bit. Which is

<sigh> That is actually incorrect. Looking at the
dma_alloc_coherent_mask I missed the '!' and thought it would set it
irregardless of what the previous value was. That is not the case.

So your fix is good and it should be put in pv-ops. Thanks for tracking
down the problem and fixing it.