Ping: [Xen-devel] netback data access synchronization question

To: "Keir Fraser" <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Ping: [Xen-devel] netback data access synchronization question
From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 10:46:44 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 02:47:01 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Keir,

in the absence of anyone else responding, I would have hoped to at
least get your opinion, as it was apparently your patch that added the
consumer side of the code in question.

Thanks, Jan

>>> "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> 22.01.10 14:07 >>>
With netbk_gop_frag() (called in the context of net_rx_action())
consuming data (pending_tx_info[]) invalidated in net_tx_action_dealloc()
(called from net_tx_action()), how is it guaranteed that the grant ref
used will remain valid until the hypervisor gets to validate the arguments
to GNTTABOP_copy?

Thanks, Jan