RE: [Xen-devel] profiling active RHEL 4 PV domains with xenoprof

To: Andrew Evans <andrewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] profiling active RHEL 4 PV domains with xenoprof
From: "Santos, Jose Renato G" <joserenato.santos@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 21:20:50 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 13:22:28 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  You can use different kernels for different domains.
  Each active domain should specify its own kernel image using the --vmlinux
option in the opcontrol command.
  That means you need to have the image available in the domain file system
(normally this is not required as the guest image is loaded from dom0 file
system)

  Also remember that the samples from a domU guest will not be reported in
dom0. You need to run opreport in each guest to obtain their samples.

  Renato