Re: [Xen-devel] xen.git plans / 2.6.32 long-term stable kernel

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 10:37:41PM +0200, Sassy Natan wrote:
> I wonder when the Linux group will decide to include xen dom0 support in
> the mainline?

Based on Jeremy's November presentation, that's not actually that important,
because the dom0 paravirt_ops support doesn't have a pressing need to
qualify for mainline Linux inclusion standards, while there is a practical
matter of it needing to become a qualified replacement for the old 2.6.18
kernel Xen patch. That patch has continued to be forward-ported to newer
versions and shipped with distribution kernels, which is what most users
use, but that process is becoming untenable as the kernel versions continue
to diverge.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.