Re: [Xen-devel] xenheap pages mapped by dom0

>>> George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 18.12.09 15:04 >>>
>What's the standard practice regarding freeing xenheap pages that have
>been shared with dom0 (and may currently be mapped)?  Do we need to
>make sure they're unmapped before we free them, or can we just call
>free_xenheap_pages() and let the reference counting take care of
>actually freeing them when dom0 unmaps them (if ever)?

No, free_xenheap_pages() is what would be called when the refcount
drops to zero. What you need to do is, afaics, a simply
put_page_and_type(), which undoes the one type and one general
reference share_xen_page_with_guest() installed. This will then
either free the page right away (if Dom0 doesn't have it mapped) or
defer freeing until when Dom0 unmaps it.

Jan