Re: [Xen-devel] Poor NIC performance on domUs / Crashing

There another kernel source you'd recommend using?

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 11, 2009, at 4:51 PM, Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 12/11/2009 11:20 AM, Ryan Holt wrote:
Andrew is right. I used the sources listed there.

The domU seems to run fine so long as I don't push any high amount of data to it. As soon as I start an FTP transfer the ping milliseconds jumps up to
1000ms.

It sounds rather like a bug that was fixed a long time ago in 2.6.18- xen and more recently in pvops dom0. But you'll need to talk to Gentoo to get support for those kernels; they are many steps removed from the Xen project.