[Xen-devel] Re: xenstore pci global parameters

To: Qing He <qing.he@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: xenstore pci global parameters
From: Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 10:39:16 +0000
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Stefano Stabellini <Stefano.Stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 02:35:47 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 4 Dec 2009, Qing He wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 19:30 +0800, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> > If I am not mistaken xend keeps an internal record of those flags so it
> > could use that info to set per device default flags:
> >
> > xenstore-write opts-$DEVNUM msitranslate=$MSITRANS,power_mgmt=$POWERMGM
>
> That looks good, just one question, if pci devclass is not created,
> can these global parameters be persistent across save/restore and live
> migration?

Yes, they can.
Actually xend saves and restores them already.

> If it doesn't exist anymore, do you think it's easier to revert to old
> scheme? (Always creating pci devclass).

It is possible to revert to the old scheme as long as you don't try to
use qemu\stubdom to hotplug the devices at boot time (before 19679).
BTW in libxenlight would be easy to achieve both, but at the
moment we are just doing the same thing xend does.