Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [DOCS] cpufreq/cpuidle docs?

To: Sven Köhler <sven.koehler@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [DOCS] cpufreq/cpuidle docs?
From: Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 17:23:02 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 09:23:25 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=bwQTtwprAIt2q6Ohdm1K3XIbcyt8cT/peGna/0DGnmc=; b=C1eiPvQzBL9qWGN+UiNB1nL1CjBLwRcl8gRMtwdSJCtZ3JTmkOTk8LBGT/ZkjtYPpl svhEIYXLVjyFTbBrKqAQv+SKIErpgWbRmozvC9puel2oqnb1APZuK3VByFcDvg9mY+MN fso74OaxT1mhAPUDRLDt6g2Bf64BjSjjECmZQ=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Sven Köhler <sven.koehler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sven Köhler schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to RTFM, but I can't find any docs about cpufreq and/or
>> cpuidle parameters. There are some of them - I occasionally read about
>> the. (cpufreq=xen cpuidle=force etc.) but is there a list somewhere?
>>
>> I would like to finetune cpufreq and cpuidle. For example, I would like
>> to set the default governor to ondemand and I would like to limit
>> cpuidle to certain sleep states.
>
> Somebody already pointed me to the page
>        http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/xenpm
>
> If I see it correctly, then this document describes how to use xenpm.
> Sorry, but that is not what I asked for, maybe because I didn't describe
> it well. This page does not describe the boot parameters like
> cpufreq=xen or cpuidle=force.
>
> I could set the CPU governor to ondemand using xenpm. But if
> it's possible, then I would like to add a boot parameter in my
> grub.conf. But any list of xen boot parameters that I find on the net
> doesn't mention any cpufreq or cpuidle parameters.
>

> Regards,
>  Sven

Please read the document, it does explain exactly what you are asking for.

Also please do not post questions like this to xen-devel, xen-users is
the appropriate list for general questions.

Andy