RE: [Xen-devel] Xend crashes, how to debug?

Dennis wrote:
> I'd like to try to get the ocaml toolchain (xend/xenstore/xe) working with
> the community version of the hypervisor (preferably 3.3.2) and our custom
> dom0 kernel. Do you think I have any chance of succeeding? Or are they
> really incompatible and need heavy patching to make it work? (In the latter
> case I'll just try the XenServer stack instead.)

I think heavy patching would be involved. The ocaml 'xapi toolstack' currently
depends
on qemu-xen-3.4 and xen-3.4, both with patchqueues. I'd be much easier to use
the
complete set of bits:

http://www.xen.org/products/cloud_source.html

> Final question. There also seems to be an opensource version of XenServer
> published on the citrix site here:
> http://www.citrix.com/lang/English/lp/lp_1688623.asp
>
> Are those the same iso's as the ones on the xen site? (at
> http://www.xen.org/products/cloud_source.html)

They're different: those source isos are for the OSS components of a previous
release of XenServer, from before the open-sourcing of the ocaml toolchain.
They'll
have all the dom0, xen, qemu bits on there but they'll be missing
xapi/xenstore/xe.
Future versions of XenServer will be based on the OSS ocaml toolchain and their
source isos will include all the ocaml stuff ISYWIM.

Cheers,
Dave