RE: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable: Xen BUG at sched_credit.c:925

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Xen-Devel (E-mail)" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable: Xen BUG at sched_credit.c:925
From: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:29:22 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:30:41 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(Note this is clean xen-unstable with no changes.)
Well after compiling with debug=y, the following BUG
is triggered during a different activity.

(XEN) Xen call trace:
(XEN)    [<ffff82c480117a73>] csched_schedule+0xa8/0x557
(XEN)    [<ffff82c48011c647>] schedule+0xd6/0x46a
(XEN)    [<ffff82c48011da20>] do_softirq+0x6a/0x77
(XEN)
(XEN)
(XEN) ****************************************
(XEN) Panic on CPU 1:
(XEN) Xen BUG at sched_credit.c:326
(XEN) ****************************************

Looks like some memory corruption or something... maybe
a free'd pointer that is used as if never freed.

While this could be a tmem bug, tmem is so filled with
asserts when debug=y is enabled that it is less likely
(though certainly still possible).  Very likely, tmem
is churning otherwise unused memory a lot more than
normal, surfacing a (non-tmem) latent bent pointer bug.

This of course will be a real bear to track down,
especially in code with which I am completely unfamiliar.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan