RE: [Xen-devel] performance tools on xen

To: Dulloor <dulloor@xxxxxxxxx>, Fasiha Ashraf <feehapk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] performance tools on xen
From: "Santos, Jose Renato G" <joserenato.santos@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 17:59:25 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dante Cinco <dantecinco@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 10:00:44 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Having the Xen passive domain support not integrated into mainline OProfile user level tools is a pain.
The problem is that OProfile mantainers are not not happy with the way passive domain samples are stored today (as fake modules named domainX, domainY, etc...) which I agree is ugly . We need to do this properly and separate passive domains samples using OProfile sample directory hierarchy in the same way different CPUs samples are stored. This requires some reasonable amount of work and I don't have the time to work on this myself.
I have been looking for some volunteer to work on that for a while but nobody had taken that task yet.
I would be happy to help anyone who is willing to work on that. Any volunteers?:)

Renato