Re: [Xen-devel] Intel VT-d/Neocleus 1:1 mreged code for PCI passthrough

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Intel VT-d/Neocleus 1:1 mreged code for PCI passthrough
From: Jun Koi <junkoi2004@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 19:11:28 +0900
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 03:12:21 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :from:date:message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type; bh=Lle4A1+FGkkjm+qu3PX7QC0b+CJtue/Mg/bVHYASrpc=; b=ObLbecwLB28rTdHAb1zy1KKtVRU7AMI0MICYPvCRZr8U+WAnOfCbT5XaP8rbAsXGZ+ 2Dy89r4OaUq/t7MGNpoLWxOdB7s93MDbczuQJ2pY7Iuf6eQ7k+Vzw4AyH6DPvtKfgI04 5bU56cLgkHvgez64OkApMvhiIQqowDEguIDd8=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Keir Fraser<keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 01/09/2009 10:41, "Jun Koi" <junkoi2004@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Keir Fraser<keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>> For passthrough to HVM guests without hardware IOMMU (e.g., VT-d), I
>>> developed the attached prototype patch. I think this may already be in the
>>> XCI tree. It also applies directly to Xen 3.4 branch, and could be applied
>>> quite easily with a small amount of manual intervention to xen-unstable. If
>>> passthough on 'old' system without hardware assistance is what you're after,
>>> you might want to give the patch a go.
>>
>> Could you confirm that this patch alone is enough?
>>
>> I applied the patch against unstable code, and Xen hang up (or seems
>> to hang up) in the middle of booting up Xen, with a black screen.
>
> The patch may need a bit more tweaking for -unstable. Let me give it a go.

Actually that patch doesnt cleanly applied to -unstable, and I had to
modify a bit of that patch manually, so it could apply to -unstable.
But perhaps that is not enough?

I look forward to your patch.

Thanks,