[Xen-devel] RE: About CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR_XEN

Hi Ke,

Yu, Ke writes:
 > Thanks for trying and reporting this issue. The root cause of the
 > compilation issue is found as: "when CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR_XEN is not set,
 > the <include/acpi/processor.h> is not included, thus the "struct
 > acpi_processor" is not defined, which will cause compiling error for inline
 > function processor_cntl_xen_prepare(struct acpi_processor *pr);"

Hm no, I was not referring to the compilation warning. I've also made
a mistake on explaining the problem. :-)

So, the problem is that when CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR is set to 'm',
CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR_XEN will be set (being bolean, to 'y'). This
will cause the final linking to fail because of undefined symbols
(those now in the module called in the xen acpi code).

Here's what happens in my .config:

CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR=m
[...]
CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR_XEN=y

And this is the result:

LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
drivers/built-in.o: In function `processor_cntl_xen_prepare':
(.text+0x543e8): undefined reference to `acpi_processor_get_performance_info'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `processor_cntl_xen_prepare':
(.text+0x5440c): undefined reference to `acpi_processor_get_psd'
make[1]: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1
make: *** [sub-make] Error 2

As of your patch, yes that's useful to remove the warning.

Cheers,
Gianluca