Re: [Xen-devel] HVM guest sees two NICs even though just one vif configu

To: "Anna Fischer" <anna.fischer@xxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] HVM guest sees two NICs even though just one vif configured
From: "Ky Srinivasan" <ksrinivasan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 09:03:06 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 08:03:37 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<0199E0D51A61344794750DC57738F58E6D6A501125@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Fischer, Anna" <anna.fischer@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I am running SLES10 with Xen 3.2 and I have configured an HVM guest.
What version of sles10 are you installing? In sles10 sp3, if you install with
our tools you automatically get PV drivers (both NIC and disk) enabled. Our
tools will generate the appropriate config file (with type=netfront) and
appropriate kernel boot option to disable probing of the hard disk. Prior to
sles10 SP3, one had to manually enable PV drivers after installing using the
emulated devices.

Regards,

K. Y