RE: [Xen-users] Nothing major left to do in Xen Networking ???

To: "Radu Rendec" <radu.rendec@xxxxxxx>, "Leena M." <kernmonk@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Nothing major left to do in Xen Networking ???
From: Jeff Sturm <jeff.sturm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 13:31:38 -0400
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 10:34:11 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The problem with getting feedback like this may be that Xen networking
isn't perfect, but works well enough that there isn't a great deal of
interest in improving it.

Speaking for myself however, I'd be interested in hearing about any
efforts to get RSTP working with the Linux bridging driver, LiSA, or any
software bridge implementation.  We've been experimenting with
configurations involving Ethernet bonding vs. bridging, and the main
disadvantage I see with bridging+STP is the time it takes to discover
and react to a topology change.

xen-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx