Re: [Xen-devel] stubdomain questions

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009, Giorgenes Gelatti wrote:

>       when using stubdomains, qemu in dom0 doesn't do device emulation but
>       provides few backends to the stubdom: the console backend and the pvfb
>       backend. The last one is needed to render the guest framebuffer using
>       sdl or for exporting it through vnc.
>

> Is it possible (or is it being planned) to put these functions inside the
> stubdomain too and completely eliminate the
> need of qemu-dm running in dom0?

No, this is not going to happen.
But qemu-dm in this case doesn't use many resources; if you are using
vnc and you don't have any client connected it is basically doing nothing,
otherwise just exporting the framebuffer or rendering to X11.
It is the same binary but this is the only thing in common between the
two qemu cases.