[Xen-devel] [XCI] build order & prerequisites

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] [XCI] build order & prerequisites
From: Tim Moore <timothy.moore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 02:50:08 +0100
Accept-language: en-US, en-GB
Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-GB
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 18:50:43 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

i`ve just completed my 3rd successful build of XCI using the buildroot from
Xenbits... here is my installation order/script for anyone else who wants to
try.

Debian Lenny x86 (32bit)

1)
apt-get install git-core libdbus-1-3 gcc bcc flex bison bzip2 iasl bin86
autoconf automake1.9 libtool make libncurses5-dev asciidoc cpp g++
libglib2.0-dev texinfo pciutils-dev gawk

2)
cd /usr/src
wget
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jsipek/guilt/guilt-0.32.1.tar.gz
tar zxvf guilt-0.32.1.tar.gz
cd /usr/src/guilt-0.32.1
make && make install

3)
cd /usr/src
git clone http://xenbits.xen.org/git-http/xenclient/build.git /usr/src/build

4)
cd /usr/src/build
cp configs/xenclient_config ./.config

5)
make menuconfig
Change to
Package Selection for the target  --->  Audio and video libraries and
applications  --->  [*] alsa-lib

Build options  --->  Mirrors and Download locations  --->       (easynews)
Sourceforge mirror site
                                                (change to)[confirmed]  (kent)
Sourceforge mirror site

6)
make

Comments welcome.

If you want me to upload to the Wiki, please point out where you would like the
page to be created.

Cheers,
Tim