[Xen-devel] Become a Xen.org Community Blogger

To: "'xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Become a Xen.org Community Blogger
From: Stephen Spector <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 07:09:45 -0400
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 04:10:20 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Xen Developers:

I am looking to increase the amount of technical content on the community blog site (http://blog.xen.org) and need your help. Currently, the blog is being read by about 1,000 people per posting and there is about a 20% growth rate to the readership. I am hoping to increase that growth rate over the coming months by improving the overall content of the blog site .

So, how can you help? Simple – become a blogger by registering at http://blog.xen.org/wp-login.php?action=""> and letting me know your username once your registration is complete. I will update your account to Author and you are all set. I am using the latest version of Word Press 2.8 and the interface is self-explanatory.

So, what should I write? I have noticed a great deal of discussion in the xen-devel mailing list about new technology ideas or updating existing ones (e.g. schedulers, memory) which would make good blog posts. Exposing the public to more of the internal technical discussions that occur in xen-devel would be a great way to increase readership and make the blog a much more interesting read. Other ideas for consideration:

·         How to test and debug a Xen installation which should help the many users who find problems but are not sure how to properly report and determine the issue.

·         New Projects – the blog is an excellent place to promote your new or existing projects as people often visit the blog looking for solutions or new projects to take part in

·         Anything else you want to publish…

Looking forward to seeing the development community on the blog site.

Thanks.

Stephen Spector

Community Manager, Xen.org

stephen.spector@xxxxxxx