Re: [Xen-devel] How to monitor and control VMs which are distributed in

To: Stefan de Konink <stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] How to monitor and control VMs which are distributed in dozens of servers
From: Surabhi Diwan <diwan.surabhi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:06:24 -0400
Cc: lingyi <zhanglingyi@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 08:06:55 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=Crrbh/e4MGG9IR7ovy/DMhGUCPXi/obM+eI5VH7ZMtI=; b=FrhvnVRk773kUWZtS1BEHn/txxJR8FFW4MCANPKVFEdf6BZGDrvxFYHnao9ODrCKJJ CD3cSKtp0fgwElOBU3R10LxtHxX+Vd6Pw3Oh7UIviMjzKWsJo1UoufX9uoqSH50Ahes3 ughWvdWHkMjdbbr8zPuzykR7My1ppVwUz0HBs=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://virt-manager.et.redhat.com/ - this tool is also based on libvirt but has a GUI that you can use to visualize all the parameters that are being monitored and get an idea about the health of the virtual test bed.

Hope this helps!
Thanks...
Surabhi

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Stefan de Konink <stefan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jun 2009, lingyi wrote:

> Does anybody know if there are some similar Open Source projects? Or any
> keywords for googling?

Once upon a time I created an extension to libvirt that created an avahi
instance for every vm that was running on a server. And for every new
service the physical machines did some bidding.

Code has bitrot, but you might like the idea;
http://repo.or.cz/w/handlervirt.git

Stefan