RE: [Xen-devel] Xen-3.4 and FLR

To: Carsten Schiers <carsten@xxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Xen-3.4 and FLR
From: "Cui, Dexuan" <dexuan.cui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 18:25:48 +0800
Accept-language: zh-CN, en-US
Acceptlanguage: zh-CN, en-US
Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 03:27:49 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In some cases (e.g., assigning device to HVM guest with iommu), we do need the
co-assignment checking/constraint, while for PV guest, we may not need it if
iommu is not used.

The trouble is: to give a generic solution, we must consider both PV guest and
HVM guest, and actually I think it's not easy to make the code clean to fit
every case.

Thanks,
-- Dexuan