[Xen-devel] Help: xc_introduce_domain query

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Help: xc_introduce_domain query
From: anurag tripathi <anurag.iitg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 11:49:07 +0530
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 May 2009 23:19:31 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi

I am trying to boot a guest domain linux 2.6.18 as guest on xen. I have written an application that would do whatever xend does to boot the domain. I introduced the domain (xc_introduce_domain) API and then I am trying to write the device details to xenstore. But I get an error of "Illegal seek" and the stuff that I want to write doesn't get reflected in xenstore. However, if I run the same xs_write command without the xs_introduce_domain(), I get a success and it reflects on Xenstore.
After a bit of digging, I realized that I am able to write to xenstore domain-path except for the domain-id that the guest-domain is booting. i.e. if the domain-path is /local/domain/1 , I am able to write to /local/domain/<n>, where n != 1.

Please can you help me know, if there is any relation between xs_introduce_domain and xs_write.

Xend writes the device details (e.g vbd) in a loop(xend/server/DevController.py,  createDevices). I didn't quite understand why its doing that way.
--
Thank you,
Warm Regards,