[Xen-devel] KXEN Installation Question

To: "'xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] KXEN Installation Question
From: Stephen Spector <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 15:41:54 -0400
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 12:42:28 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am trying to install the KXEN product on my Windows XP Tablet PC and am at the following step:

o Rename the new network interface to "kxen-tap"

o Configure Internet connection sharing or bridging between the

  network and kxen-tap

On to my question, in the Network Connections Window I see four items:

Local-Area-Connection  - RED X

Local-Area-Connection3 - RED X

Wireless Network Connection - LIVE

1394 Connection  - LIVE

Based on the help I was reading at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/crawford_02april22.mspx, it seems that I have to have 2 LIVE connections not connected to the Internet to create the bridge. So I created a bridge b/w 1394 Connection and Wireless Network Connection. This caused my Citrix VPN to drop and the Wireless Connection went to RED X. I followed the example from the website and tried > netsh bridge show but it showed nothing.

Any thoughts?

Stephen Spector

Community Manager, Xen.org

stephen.spector@xxxxxxx