[Xen-community] Final Xen.org Event Proposal

To: "'xen-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-community] Final Xen.org Event Proposal
From: Stephen Spector <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:18:43 -0400
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 08:18:51 -0700
Sender: xen-community-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Xen Community:

In a follow-up to my previous event posting to the community, http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2009/03/19/xen-summit-events-open-discussion/here is a final proposal for our yearly meetings. Please let me know if you have any additional feedback or thoughts.

Xen Summit

I am planning to host 2 developer focused events a year with one in the US (Mid Spring) and one in Asia (Late Fall/Winter). The US events will alternate between the East and West Coast and the Asia event will rotate amongst various countries in the region.

These will be highly technical in nature and marketed internally to the community. Our next Xen Summit is at Intel in Shanghai, China on November 19 - 20, 2009.

Xen Directions

I am creating a new Xen.org event , Xen Directions, that will become our technical marketing outreach to various technical communities such as Linux administrators, Windows administrators, etc. These events will allow the community to spread the Xen message to a wider audience of people interested in virtualization.

Our first Xen Directions event is this summer in Germany at LinuxTAG on June 27th. I am also planning an event in 2010 in South America and will be looking for other locations to co-locate with. Please let me know if  you are aware of an event that would be perfect for Xen to host a Directions event with.

Thanks to everyone for their input on this update of our community event plans and I look forward to continuing our successful expansion of Xen.org.

Stephen Spector

Community Manager, Xen.org

stephen.spector@xxxxxxx

(772) 621-5062