Re: [Xen-devel] pvscsi broken

Hi Andrew-san,

Which assignment mode, LUN mode or Host mode, do you use? If you used
the LUN mode, only mandatory SCSI commands can work and almost all
tape related commands will fail.

Could you try the Host mode? Please see
"http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-02/msg00505.html";
for usage of the Host mode.

Best regards,

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:24:53 +0100
Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2009/3/25 Masaki Kanno <kanno.masaki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> > Thanks for your testing.
> > I'm not sure about the gplpv driver in windows.  But I believe that
> > the problem has nothing to do with my patch.  Maybe...
> >
> > Best regards,
> >  Kan

> >>I have tried the patch for unstable and it seems to work, I don't get
> >>any errors and xm scsi-list <dom> shows the device is assigned,
> >>unfortunately the gplpv driver in windows fails to load but I'm not
> >>sure if the problem is the driver or Xen.
> >>
> >>I will setup a linux domU and try pvscsi with that.
> >>
> >>Andy

> Hi,
>
> I tested pvscsi with a pv domU and had the same problem I did in
> windows, the scsi device is detected but all tape operations fail and
> if I run quantum xTalk tape diagnostics it reports a interconnect
> error:
>
> SCSI Interconnect Test
>        Sense: CC: 05  ASC: 20  ASCQ: 00  = "Invalid command operation code
> The Operation Code in the command was not a valid Operation Code."
>
> Andy

-----
Jun Kamada
kama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx