[Xen-devel] Re: Question about x86/mm/gup.c's use of disabled interrupts

To: paulmck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: Question about x86/mm/gup.c's use of disabled interrupts
From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 08:38:46 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 08:39:14 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Paul E. McKenney wrote:
Ah, interesting. So disabling interrupts prevents the RCU free from happening, and non-atomic pte fetching is a non-issue. So it doesn't address the PAE side of the problem.

This would be rcu_sched, correct?

I guess? Whatever it is that ends up calling all the rcu callbacks after the idle. A cpu with disabled interrupts can't go through idle, right? Or is there an explicit way to hold off rcu?