Re: [Xen-devel] SHUTDOWN_crash and vcpu deferrals

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 04:51:10PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:

> > (The comment being completely incorrect), but then the crash doesn't
> > work because of the bug I pointed out.
>
> I wrote that comment.  I haven't been following this bit of xend.  Do
> you mean that nowadays if you say
>    on_crash = 'restart'
> and the domain immediately crashes on boot, you don't get an infinite
> restart loop ?  One of the most common causes of qemu `crashing' is

AFAIK this has been the case since forever:

        rst = self._readVm('xend/previous_restart_time')
        if rst:
            rst = float(rst)
            timeout = now - rst
            if timeout < MINIMUM_RESTART_TIME:
                log.error(
                    'VM %s restarting too fast (%f seconds since the last '
                    'restart).  Refusing to restart to avoid loops.',
                    self.info['name_label'], timeout)
                self.destroy()
                return

        self._writeVm('xend/previous_restart_time', str(now))

This is from 3.1.4. Perhaps it was broken when you tried it, but it
certainly seems to do its intended job on 3.3.2pre for me.

regards,
john