Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Continuing problems booting

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:

Hm, yes, I guess there's something to stop stack-protector from adding stuff to xen_start_kernel().

But I'm more interested in the crash you see when you have stack protector off. What are the symptoms?

That seems to have been pci related problems due to not setting pci=nomsi. Beyond that I still get ata timeouts, and IRQ problems. The end of one traceback (I couldn't see the whole thing) looked similar to the one I mentioned for i686 at
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-02/msg00832.html
and another started with print_irq_inversion_bug

        Michael Young