RE: [Xen-devel] comprehensive documentation of clock-related options for

To: Guillaume Rousse <Guillaume.Rousse@xxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] comprehensive documentation of clock-related options for HVM guests
From: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:18:44 +0000 (GMT)
Delivery-date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 07:21:23 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I agree it is confusing.  There is no good default.  Your
best plan is to specify timer_mode=2 in the config file
for hvm x86_64 linux guests.

I think the defaults in XendConfig.py are to ensure that
old saved guests don't get confused by a different default.

00261.html

But according to this one, there was a discussion for changing
timer_mode from 0 to 2, and hpet from 0 to 1:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2008-06/msg00095.html

And according to XendConfig.py code (3.3.1), the default value for both
of them is actually 0...

This is a bit confusing :(
--
BOFH excuse #243: