Re: [Xen-devel] Two shadow page tables for HVM

At 14:07 -0500 on 27 Jan (1233065276), Emre Can Sezer wrote:

>> That is what I would expect.  If you're not seeing that then either the
>> TLB's not being flushed or your shadows are leaking from one mode to
>> another.
> Doesn't changing paging modes set and update the guest cr3 resulting in a
> guest TLB flush?

It's certainly supposed to. :)

> I would like to manually flush them if there is a way but
> I'm hopelessly confused about the tlbflush functions in tlbflush.h.  Which
> one do I call to flush guest TLBs?

local_flush_tlb() (or is it tlb_flush_local() these days?) will flush
the Xen TLB and as a side-effect flush all guest tags if you have a
tagged TLB.  If you _just_ want to make sure the guest TLB is flushed on
the current pCPU , call hvm_flush_guest_tlbs(), which will throw away
all the guest tags.  (If you don't have a tagged TLB then each vmexit
flushes the guest TLB entries).

Cheers,

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Principal Software Engineer, Citrix Systems (R&D) Ltd.