Re: [Xen-devel] Windows SMP

Venefax wrote:

> I went as far as "make xen". The question is now what do I do to use this
> new, patched hypervisor, I mean, how do I put in production? A simple reboot?
> Please advise.

As we don't want to assume that this test xen will even boot, the safest thing
is to edit your /boot/grub/menu.lst (or use yast [System -> Boot Loader]) to
copy your current xen boot entry.  Leave everything identical between the two
entries except for the hypervisor (change /boot/xen.gz to /boot/xen-test.gz)
and the title line to indicate the test entry (add something like "- test" to
the end of the title line).  If you use yast, the title entry is in the label
column.

Copy your newly created xen.gz to /boot/xen-test.gz (be careful not to copy
your new file on top of any existing /boot/xen.gz).

Reboot the node and manually select the test selection.  If the boot succeeds,
try your experiment.  If the boot fails, just reboot normally and verify your
changes to the menu.lst.