Re: [Xen-devel] pv_ops dom0 and kernel console output problem

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 03:20:36PM +0200, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

> What is "earlyprintk=xen" supposed to do?

Reading pv_ops wiki page I noticed this:

"If the domain crashes very early, before any output appears on the console,
then booting with: "earlyprintk=xen" should provide some useful information.
If you are running a debug build of Xen hypervisor (set "debug = y" in
Config.mk in the Xen source tree), then you should get crash dumps on the
Xen console. You can view those with "xm dmesg"."

So I guess earlyprintk=xen is only useful if you're running debug build of
Xen hypervisor.. ?

-- Pasi