[Xen-devel] RE: linux-2.6.18-xen.hg

To: "Jayaraman, Bhaskar" <Bhaskar.Jayaraman@xxxxxxx>, Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Xen-Devel (E-mail)" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] RE: linux-2.6.18-xen.hg
From: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 06:01:47 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 06:02:33 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Also, if you are having problems with hg, one likely failure
for which the symptoms do not clearly point to the problem
is if your proxy is not properly set.  Try firefox or mozilla
(or if you have no GUI wget or elinks) or something like that...
if none of those work, its likely a proxy problem.   If you
can identify a working proxy, do:

export http_proxy=http://my.proxy.com:nnnn

and try again and hg might work fine.

(I always put this in /bin/bashrc of every VM I create as
I kept thinking my network was down everytime hg clone