[Xen-devel] guest attempted write to read-only memory page.

To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] guest attempted write to read-only memory page.
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 18:12:50 +0800
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: 'Akio Takebe' <takebe_akio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 02:13:21 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
multi.c:3238:d3 guest attempted write to read-only memory page. va
page=0xd5000, mfn=0x23491

BIOS map:
c0000-c8fff: VGA BIOS
c9000-d57ff: Etherboot ROM
e9000-e914e: SMBIOS tables
f0000-fffff: Main BIOS

I guess it's caused by 18931 to update rombios to latest bochs
version, and some writes to rom area are added outside of disabling
rom write access. But I'm not familiar with this part, and thus hope
others (Akio?) may take a deeper dive.

Thanks,
Kevin