Re: [Xen-devel] Re: pv_ops dom0 USB fixed

To: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: pv_ops dom0 USB fixed
From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 11:26:25 -0800
Cc: deshantm@xxxxxxxxx, Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Aviv Grafi <aviv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 11:26:50 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
Keir Fraser wrote:
On 17/12/2008 14:10, "Gerd Hoffmann" <kraxel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:

Yes, it looks like you've got something wrong on the python side.  Have
you rebuilt it lately?  You'll need a moderately recent version of
xen-unstable anyway.
What is the plan here btw?  Will the fixes needed for pv_ops based dom0
backported to 3.3.x?  Or is 3.4 the target?  If the latter, what is the
estimated release time?
They'll miss 3.3.1 but I'd consider backports for 3.3.2. 3.4.0 is likely to
be March/April. But 3.3.2 may not be much earlier, if at all.

So it will not be in any released version soon.  Hmm.
Which changesets are needed?  I've figured 18782 so far (sysfs balloon).

The sysfs balloon change has been in for a while. Won't it be in the next release?

Also noticed the dom0 builder doesn't (yet) boot bzImages, right?

Yeah. It's on the todo list, but I don't think anyone's lined up to do it yet. Shouldn't be more than a couple of hours work for someone with some expertise in the area (hint hint).