[Xen-devel] Linux staging c/s 736

To: "Haitao Shan" <haitao.shan@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Linux staging c/s 736
From: "Jan Beulich" <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 09:26:54 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 01:26:22 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
After having another (closer) look (because of the request to include this
in SLE11) I seem to have a problem understanding what struct
msi_pirq_entry's new mask_base member is actually supposed to contain:
Is this the machine address of the area, or its virtual mapping. While the
field's type is void __iomem *, attach_pirq_entry() stores an u64 into it.
If this is really mixed up the way it appears to be, then I can't see how
this could ever have worked for you.

Jan