Re: [Xen-devel] Problem with BIOS timer interrupts

To: Gary Grebus <ggrebus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Problem with BIOS timer interrupts
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 22:13:31 +0000
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 14:14:02 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 18/11/08 20:28, "Gary Grebus" <ggrebus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I would say it's a good idea to see if you can repro this on xen-unstable.
>
> OK... My usual xen-unstable setup is out of commission at the moment,
> but I will try to reproduce it.

Another approach, if this really is happening every time, would be to trace
the hell out of HLT emulation and interrupt delivery with printk. Since this
happens so early, you shouldn't end up overwhelmed with trace data. Perhaps
you can narrow down the problem that way...

 -- Keir