[Xen-devel] RE: c/s 18470

To: "Jan Beulich" <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] RE: c/s 18470
From: "Liu, Jinsong" <jinsong.liu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 14:37:36 +0800
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 23:38:10 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jan,

For the 1st issue, I notice your patch (c/s 18435), and think it's good
not to limit dom by NR_CPUS. Your change has a precondition that we
already know the max dom number, then alloc dom map according to max dom
number, it's good at our old cpufreq version since at that version,
hypervisor initialize cpufreq dom AFTER we get all px info from dom0 and
hence can get max dom number.
However, recently we update hypervisor cpufreq logic greatly, change
cpufreq init process by per cpu (old version is per dom), in this way we
don't know max dom number and cannot use xmalloc_arry(), so we
temporarily use dom array limit by NR_CPUS, and mark it as TODO that
will update it in later future (i.e. by link list).

For the 2nd issue, our idea is to use flags to separate px init process
from runtime dynamic px handle (like ppc).

Thanks,
Jinsong