Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Poor performance on HVM (kernbench)

Hello,

Todd Deshane wrote:
Can you also run kernbench on native for comparison?

I will.

How much RAM do you have (native and guest)?

2Gb host, 512Mb guest.

Are all your tests on Xen unstable with the code changes on and off as
you suggested?

Yes.

What is the backend disk type for your HVM guest?

Here's my configuration for disks (no stubdomains, btw).

disk = [ 'file:/root/prova,hda,w', 'file:/local-images/debian-40r0-amd64-netinst.iso,hdc:cdrom,r']

What is the kernel in your HVM guest?

It's the standard debian 4.0 I guess, 2.6.18-4-amd64.

I will make the same changes to the xen unstable code and re-run
kernbench with shadow3 disabled
on my system.

Thanks, that would be interesting to know!

Gianluca