Re: [Xen-devel] Dom-U attributes

To: "dinesh chandrasekaran" <dinesh_chan8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Dom-U attributes
From: Tej <bewith.tej@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 00:40:52 +0530
Cc: xen developers community <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen users community <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 12:11:16 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=NTwSka8bzoP5LzgUSwBQREgX0ZpkafGMBemaL3psHok=; b=J7Pq5pOLvtMauh9W4/Feqf5+2wfCBUU2ssJMbw0ekGbmnjLs3zO1qzTyuSkirf7LWK JeXsyuBa8q/ApWHjT+iAn3NwxN81nCkLeQ5pcy5xd6loY1t6dgyffMAM+6kjHZ1ymIRr 2sDOQFll2eEUyB+5TE9Ubdf1yd3wD0NcnnLzU=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 12:26 AM, dinesh chandrasekaran
<dinesh_chan8@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>             Is there any attribute associated with a Dom-U guest which is
> unique and doesnt change during its lifetime.

UUID for the domains are unique and retain even across migration.

> The domain id changes after reboot. Is there any way to hard code the domain
> ids so they remain the same even after reboot.

i don't think so this provision exist, however you can make vifname
constant, using
"vifname param" in vif of configuration scripts.

> I guess the name doesnt, but where to get the guest name.
> Or is there any ID that uniquely identifies each guest running on Xen?

No you can't AFAIK