Re: [Xen-devel] gdbsx?

To: "Keir Fraser" <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] gdbsx?
From: "Jun Koi" <junkoi2004@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 01:15:57 +0900
Cc: mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx, "List: Xen Developers" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 09:16:24 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=pq6uqp+B9xqVCDeLYt6iFtWXesDW8Ug3hS9rJc7RxCs=; b=hCGHlzLfgKBrVfT44IQOam9gfl8orR2z6oLPyyb9cJAfCxWoekGXyTilbH2gbknyki RZAh9pO6rGP3soyiVCXyL9ib/sOpm2EJy5ou0i8Ca+/49pjfOKz9zUxVehDePM6XGYTk JKiLUEwLuIGAf+vG7xb+nKBx00+1JTzLkDaf0=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 1:06 AM, Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's being maintained as an external repository:
> http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/debuggers.hg.
>
> Unfortunately it apparently isn't a clone of xen-unstable.hg but a 3-month
> old copy which has not since been resynchronised. Mukesh: I would recommend
> you maintain a patch queue or a tree whose parent is xen-unstable.hg, which
> you can periodically pull from and re-merge your patches. Otherwise you have
> a debugger for an old fixed version of xen-unstable.hg which is rather less
> useful in the long run.

So it have a good chance to be merged? Cool!

Mukesh: Could you explain a bit the advantage of gdbsx over the
current implementation that is already in tree? I figured out some,
but still might miss some. That is not very clear from the slides.

Thanks,