RE: [Xen-devel] Re: PROBLEM: Xen ballon driver seems to be broken in 2.6

To: "Jeremy Fitzhardinge" <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, "Németh Tamás" <nice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Re: PROBLEM: Xen ballon driver seems to be broken in 2.6.26
From: "Dan Magenheimer" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:11:26 -0600
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:12:22 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeremy --

A patch was made in Xen to the balloon driver a few months ago
to avoid this problem.  The patch should probably be applied
to the balloon driver in upstream Linux.

Nemeth --

What is your "newest" Xen version?  If 3.2, the balloon driver fix
isn't there yet, but I have a bash-script workaround.  See
tools/xenballoond in xen-unstable.

Dan