RE: [Xen-devel] maximum size of a block device in a domU

To: Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] maximum size of a block device in a domU
From: "Jayaraman, Bhaskar" <Bhaskar.Jayaraman@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 20:14:01 +0800
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: Sebastian Reitenbach <sebastia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 05:15:10 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Samuel, I was actually referring to the equivalent of dedicating a PCI HBA to a
paravirtualized guest(using pciback) in an HVM guest. I believe this is
possible with VT-d hardware and with the Xen 3.2.1 kernel for an HVM as well,
although I haven't been able to do this myself yet to an HVM. In any case 2^57
is large enough for any domain to keep going for some time, with h/w dedicated
or not.
Regards,
Bhaskar.